In today’s episode I am joined by Melissa Doldron, RMT. Melissa shares her perspectives of working with some of the top athletes, and top curlers in the world.
We touch on how to use your own self awareness, and work with a movement therapist to structure your training and recovery. Where do you feel tight? Where do you need to get stronger? In what ways are you compensating or building asymmetry in the body that might eventually harm you and your on ice success?
You do not need to “earn” your recovery. Melissa shares her “4 R’s” to maximize your recovery & future proof your performance, and how to find the best recovery strategy for you and your body.
Listen below, or on your favourite streaming App.
Key links mentioned:
- Melissa on Instagram, Twitter
- Book a session with Melissa at Myodetox Yorkville
- All about the “Recovery Trifecta”
- FREE Performance Gap Analysis worksheet
- Lori Olson-Johns podcast episode on Giving Yourself Grace
- Pedro Malvar podcast episode on Running, Curling & Putting Friendship First