Today’s episode features longtime friend, curler and run lead from Toronto Pedro Malvar. We talk about competing as a student athlete, learning how to train specifically for curling, and how you can use running as part of your off-ice training regime safely and effectively.
Want some tips to help you start running? Curious how to juggle strength training with a running routine? Want to hear about Pedro’s 900km run to Chicago?
Listen here or on your favourite streaming service
“You have to earn the right to break the rules”
Key IG follows:
- Pedro’s Insta: @peddywap
- @escapeto_chi <–Support Pedro’s run to Chicago
- Run Lead with @kickbackconnect in Toronto.
- Check out his passion project @appreciationprogram
- Toronto based kombucha performance line @kindredkombucha
- Learn more about @myodetox
& make sure to check out @fit_nut_curl on Twitter
Contact Pedro directly to chat curling, running, to pick him up as a doubles partner or help him find a league in Toronto email@example.com
Take care, Coach Steph