If you remember “Sweeting Nation” from 2016 you would remember the calm, confident and focused presence of Lori Olson-Johns. In today’s episode I am joined by Lori Olson-Johns. 3x Alberta Champion, high school educator, mom, coach and role model.
Lori shares her story of how her experience with an Own the Podium project changed how she views training, recovery and being her best self for her loved ones, teammates and students.
We touch on how to do your own sleep/recovery study and some tips to improve your performance that don’t include “checking all the boxes”.
You can listen below or on your favourite streaming platform:
Key links mentioned:
- Draw 16 for the Boost National where Lori spares for Team Hollie Duncan vs team Rachel Homan
- Team to watch: Karsten Sturmay pretrials game link
- Trillium Curling Camp
- The Huberman Lab Podcast
- A big thank you to Bellerose High school
- World Junior Curling Championships in March -Congrats to Team Ladouceur!! #EPVIP!
- Instagram: @life.by.lori Visit for curling, education and support
- Sustainable & inclusive women-run makeup company —Seint