In today’s episode Alena Luciani, owner of Training2XL joins me to talk about the intricacies and skill behind being a phenomenal communicator. She walks us through the parallels of coaching in the gym and on the ice, and how to use your words to build buy-in, trust, and get the most out of your athletes.
Key topics discussed:
- What you say and how you say it
- More to communication and connection than just words
- Trust & respect builds a bridge for connection
- Communicating with others; relationships, work, family, teammates, opponents, officials, etc
- Parallels between coaching in the gym and on the ice
- Instruction vs feedback
- How much talking should a coach do?
- Internal vs external cues
- Analogies and metaphors
- The anatomy of a cue
Listen on your favourite streaming platform, or below for more:
Key links mentioned:
- Sign up for the Coaches Club Newsletter HERE
- Cueing and Programming Course Spring Cohort Wailist (Future: Coaching Foundations Course from the School of Training2XL)