Today’s episode is all about helping you set an intention for the “limbo time” between the end of one curling season, and the beginning of your off ice training program.
I discuss the importance of a full season plan, and provide some tips and tools to rest fully, recover physically & mentally, and how to use the time to move well and manage injuries.
- What are the different macro-cycles in a full curling year
- Why is it important to prioritize rest and recovery in the “post-season” or “limbo time” before you start focused training for next year
- What are the 5 different types of rest
- How can you use off ice training to manage and prevent injuries so that you are moving better and ready to train hard in the summer
Listen on your favourite streaming ap, or below
Also found on The Curling News/ SI website where you can find audio and additional video to enhance your listening experience
- Offseason Menu
- Webinars and Workshops
- Weekly virtual workouts focusing on moving well & prioritizing rest and recovery
- Movement rehab sessions (virtual and in-person)
- Free Performance Gap Analysis
- The importance of being able to breath through your nose as much as possible
- If it’s more than burnout