In today’s episode I am joined by Kyle Turcotte who shares his learnings from working with Canada’s top athletes; with both Olympic and Paralympic dreams.
We touch on the importance of setting realistic goals, ensuring you’re moving really well and training all year round.
Reminder that the 4th annual Holiday Reset starts Dec 27, 2022 & the goal setting party is happening Jan 4th 2023. Sign up for both in the show notes.
- Plan for your entire year of training, not just the off-ice season
- Aim to build resiliency in your body; to ensure longevity in the sport
- Push performance -can’t do this if you’re injured; focused training programs are important for preventing and managing injuries.
- “The #1 detriment to performance is injury”
- Use training to assist in technique development
Key links mentioned:
- Kyle Turcotte, Curling Canada
- Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba
- Team Canada Paralympic Curling
- In-season webinar & program $55 CDN
- Weekly Wednesday Workout
- The Holiday Reset & Goal Setting Party Registration is free.
Listen below or on your favourite streaming device.
Listen and watch this episode at The Curling News / Sports Illustrated website, and you’ll see images and possibly video to enhance your podcast experience.
Don’t miss out on these past episodes:
Episode 07: Mark Nichols on all things Training, Nutrition and Curling Camps