The Empowered Performance for Curlers podcast is a partnership with The Curling News / Sports Illustrated. Listen and watch this podcast at The Curling News / Sports Illustrated website, and you’ll see images and possibly video to enhance your podcast experience.
If you wish to compete at a level where you don’t need to worry about sweeping hard every rock, rebounding between shots, having the strength and balance in your legs to hit the broom and throw the right weight consistently, then getting stronger and fitter than what you need to curl should be your main off-ice goal. Here are 2 tips to upgrade your brushing technique and off-ice training.
Hot take #1. Your brushing position + footwork is NOT like a plank
Hot take #2. Brushing should NOT be considered an upper body and core exercise only.
Listen on your favourite streaming ap, or below to learn why, and what to do about it.
Read more about The Thompson workout HERE
- What we don’t want
- Brushing plank tip
- Open vs. Closed brushing technique
- In-season Training Webinar & program (as part of the Ultimate series)
- The Thompson 1.0
- The Thompson 2.0
- Read all about this brushing workout HERE
- The Back to Curling Kickstarter Toolbox
- Virtual weekly group workout
- Better Brushing Waitlist
Episodes pair well:
- Episode 04: Avoid These 8 Mistakes I Made Training to Become a Fitter Curler
- Episode 32: 5 Ways to Improve your Cardio that Nobody Told you About
- Episode 34: Off-Ice Exercises for Becoming a Better Brusher