In today’s episode I am joined by my favourite researcher Terri Weeks. She brings with her a simple evidence-based way to make sure your practices are deliberate, effective, and transfer into your game play.
Listen to learn how best to identify your performance gaps, plan your practices, and make your new skills automatic.
- Step 1: Identify your performance gaps & identify your priorities
- Step 2: Make a plan
- Step 3: Complete deliberate & blocked practices
- Teach, Assess, Retest
- Step 4: Complete deliberate & random practice = prepares for game situation
- Throughout: Take notes, on notes, on notes, and practice, practice & practice.
Listen below or on your favourite streaming application:
Key links mentioned:
- Got a question for Terri about practicing? Email: email@example.com
- Free Performance Gap Analysis
- Fitts & Posner article mentioned: Fitts, P. M. (1967). Human performance. P8-14
If NOW is the time to gain clarity around how to improve your balance, line of delivery, weight control, release, or even improve your brushing, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about the Performance Audits and The Better Brushing Program.