Did you know that injuries are most common at the beginning and end of a season? A practice? And even games?
Take the time to plan out your return to curling carefully to make sure you get the most out of your off-ice training. If you didn’t train specifically for curling in this episode I walk you through some last minute activities and adjustments to your practices that you can make to help you start your season with confidence and enjoyment.
Today I touch on concepts like:
- Progressive overload and how they apply to the sport of curling,
- How to utilize rest and recovery to get the most out of your on and off ice work,
- The #1 way to help prevent knee injuries early in the season,
- How to make the most of your first few practices, and how to manage your first time on the ice being a game or tournament,
- And how to make sure you’re getting the most out of your stronger and fitter post-off season curling body.
Lastly, register now for the In-Season webinar series happening beginning of September 2021, or if you’re listening later you can catch the recordings. (more info below)
Listen here or on your favourite streaming app to get the latest in Return to Curling advice.
I invite you to join me for 2 new webinars this fall to help you make sure you keep all the fitness you built in the super offseason we just experienced.
Who was the In-Season webinar series created for?
- Athletes and coaches of all levels preparing for a strong, healthy and busy recreational or competitive season
What are the 2 webinars all about?
#1. Wednesday September 1st, 2021 at 7pm EST –> Learn all about how to manage your practices, games, and workout sessions without setting yourself up for injury
- I show you how to plan out your league and competition months, including travel, practices and games.
- I show you what exercises are important for your warm-ups to maintain stability, and your cool-downs to manage mobility.
- I show you how to monitor your fitness and how well your body is moving, and ways to make sure you are keeping your fitness
- I show you how to shake off the travel rust and get ready for a big tournament after you’ve been sitting for a few hours on a plane, train or automobile
- Resource provided: Sample in-season workouts, warm-ups, and activations
#2. Monday September 13th, 2021 at 7pm EST –> Learn how to maximize your recovery using nutrition, sleep and soft-tissue modalities
- I provide you with the basic nutrition tools to get you through a busy week and prep for a tournament
- I give you a bonspiel maintenance toolbox
- I help you prioritize rest and recovery
- I show you how to make sure your body maintains it’s balance of strength and flexibility despite our sport being so one-sided
- Resource provided: Updated Yoga for Curlers Regen sequencing; 1 short and 1 long
Recordings will be available for those who cannot attend live.
Each webinar costs $56.50+ CDN, $113+ CDN for both sessions.
For teams that would like to listen live, please contact about an additional screen fee
For 2020 and 2021 EPVIP athletes join both webinars for $39.55+ CDN each
For those who purchased The 2021 Ultimate Offseason Training Webinar Series join both webinars for $45.20+ CDN each
A recording will be available for those who cannot attend live.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register now or order the recordings.